Happy National Zoo Lovers Day! This national day celebrates the many zoo’s around the world that educate and entertain the public, April 8.
According to National Day Calendar, very little is known about the history of National Zoo Lovers Day, including the creator.
Fresno has it’s very own, Fresno Chaffee Zoo. Fresno Chaffee Zoo began in the 1920’s and has continued to expand ever since. They are open from 9 a.m.-6 p.m., Monday-Friday.
General admission tickets cost $12.95 for adults, $7.95 for children and $7.95 for seniors. A Fresno Chafee Zoo membership is also available, starting at $69. Membership offers special benefits and perks year-round.
A few zoo facts:
- The Vienna Zoo is the oldest existing zoo and was opened to the public in 1765.
- The United State’s first public zoo, Central Park Zoo, opened in 1874 in New York.
- There are 350 zoos in the United States
- Approximately 175 million people visit a zoo each year.
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom has had more than 9.8 million annual visitors.
- More than 3.2 million people visit the San Diego Zoo each year.
Celebrate National Zoo Lovers Day, head out to your local zoo and enjoy your day! If you visit and post on social media, be sure to use the hashtag, #NationalZooLoversDay.
For more Feather photos, visit media, photos 2018-19.Follow The Feather via Twitter @thefeather, Instagram @thefeatheronline and Facebook @thefeatheronline.
Your voice is important to us. Share your opinion in the comment box located beneath the Related Posts section.