As a result of the rapid spread of the coronavirus, citizens in Fresno County are to stay in their homes from March 19 to March 31 and maybe longer. California Governor Gavin Newsom also said that schools will not likely reopen until after the summer of 2020.
The Fresno city council came to the conclusion that the Fresno County needed an emergency shelter in place order, March 18. They decided that the best way to prevent the virus spreading was to have citizens stay in their homes and avoid contact with others for about a two week period.
Without the freedom of going out or seeing other people, staying at home may get boring, especially after the homework checklist is done.
Below is a list of activities you can do at home to cure boredom:
- Baking: Grab some ingredients and try a new recipe!
- Painting/coloring: Gather brushes, pencils and markers and let your creativity flow!
- Cleaning: This may not seem like a fun cure for boredom but it keeps you busy!
- Have a movie marathon: Choose a movie series, get some snacks and binge watch all of them!
- Start a new series on Netflix: Choose a new show and watch it! Who knows, it may be more enjoyable than you think!
For more tips and suggestions about how to stay focused or cure the boredom blues, read Coronavirus outbreak: How to avoid going stir-crazy during self-quarantine, Psychology experts share their tips for safeguarding your mental health during quarantine, 100 things to do while stuck inside due to a pandemic and Stuck at home? Here are 11 ways to explore the world in the age of coronavirus.
Share with The Feather ways you are staying sane, beating boredom during the #ShelterInPlace ordinance in the comments section below.
Students, remember to stay updated on Schoology for assignments and check your school emails daily for current information!
For more Feather photos, visit media, photos 2019-20.Follow The Feather via Twitter @thefeather, Instagram @thefeatheronline and Facebook @thefeatheronline.
Your voice is important to us. Share your opinion in the comment box located beneath the Related Posts section.